There is nothing like a McVey honky-tonk in dad's garage (a.k.a. McGoofy's Garage). I miss out on so many family honky-tonks and it breaks my heart. It brings tears to my eyes knowing that Jocelyn will miss out on that experience. She won't know what it means to go to "the garage" like her cousins know it. But, I will do my best as a mommy, and as a McVey, to instill that knowledge in her, and to instill a love for foot-stompin, good ole honky-tonk music! While I was pregnant with her, if her little developing ears heard anything equal to the amount of Christmas music, it was honky-tonky music. Merle, Gerorge, Waylon, Charlie, Nitty Gritty...Anything Headin' South did. Anything dad does...Every song that has a honky-tonk memory in my heart!
Kim and Kari planned a surprise birthday party for dad and for Michael and I. They know how much I miss it, and how much they miss their other sista being there. It has been four years since I have been home for a McVey honky tonk. It was absolutely wonderful! I did miss Herman though, my favorite banjo player. I just love banjo music.
Anyway, dad brought Jocelyn and I out to the garage for a special music session he planned just for us. It was fun to see Jocelyn walk around the garage and explore the new environment. And she danced her little head-bobbing dance when dad played and sang.
Pop getting his steel guitar ready to play a lovely hymn
Me and my baby enjoying Pop's rendition of Amazing Grace
Singing with all my sistas, my baby and my pop!
Singing with my sistas!
Uncle Chuck stealing the show with Sam
Karina, the little, but serious, guitar player
Jocelyn checking out the local honky-tonk and honky-tonkers
Karina, the seriously adorable little guitar player
Pop, Me and Uncle Chuck, Uncle Darrel
My awesome musician of a cousin, Christopher and awesome big sister, Kim
I LOVE MY UNCLE CHUCK!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment