Sunday, January 6, 2013

Jocelyn's First and Catherine's Last


 Christmas 2012 was Jocelyn's first (well, actually second) Christmas and Catherine's last Christmas (at home, as a dependent child). It is hard to believe that a year ago, I spent Christmas Eve, Christmas day, and two days after Christmas in the hospital. Jocely's first Christmas gift was her name. She was in the evening on Christmas Eve, but I was not able to see her or hold her until late night and refused to name her without having the opportunity to behold her! I remember talking to Allison early CHristmas morning and she didn't have a name yet. Mikey and Catherine got to meet her the Christmas evening, and it was the most beautiful gift. See Mikey and Catherine meet, adore and gently hold and love on Jocelyn. God has truly blessed me with the three most wonderful and darling children. I love you, Mikey. I love you, Catherine. I love you Jocelyn.

THis year I watched my three darlings open gifts. We all watched Jocelyn in wonder and exctiement to see how she would respond to the entire act of opening gifts and checking out the treasures hidden beneath the paper. I watched Catherine, trying to ponder everything she did and said, so that I always have those moments stored up to recall when she is off on her own living her life and can't make it home for Christmas. I am going to miss Catherine so much. My heart misses her now and she's in the next room!





 Checking out mommy's dancing chicken


 Nothing yummier than a floor munchy!

No comments: