Sunday, May 11, 2014

She is shipping off tomorrow

Heavenly Father,
I praise you for your boundless blessings and mercies. I am filled with excitement and joy that Catherine finally is going to embark on this adventure that she's been waiting on you to bring her to.  Tonight, tomorrow and Tuesday, I especially pray for peace, comfort and assurance of your blessings and mercies and of your endless protection and provision for Catherine Nicole Jones. I pray that Catherine will always seek and find you in both trials and triumphs!

My heart misses her already, and she is still in her room packing up the rest of her belongings. I thank you for the years I've been so richly blessed to know and love her, and I pray for more years with her. It is especially difficult to watch Catherine leave knowing how much Jocelyn will miss her, how lost my precious little girl will be without her Cackle. Please give Michael and I the wisdom we need to help Jocelyn endure and survive this unexpected and foreign change in her life. If it is your will, I pray for the financial means to travel to San Antonio this summer to watch Catherine graduate from Basic Training. If it is not possible for all four of us to attend, then, at least for Michael to be able to attend.

Father, I also pray that you will give Mikey the emotional strength that he needs to accept, deal with and embrace this change. Catherine has been his constant and I know his heart aches for her already. Help Michael and I to love and support him in what he needs.

I also pray for Chandra, Catherine and Mikey's mom. She is having an exceptionally difficult time dealing with Catherine leaving. Please shower her with your peace and assurance that You will provide, protect and bless Catherine in this new adventure in her life. Please help Jacob and Chandra love and support Natasha (Catherine's little sister) deal with this change.

Finally,  Father, I thank you for all the beautiful blessings in my life. Your mercies are new everyday.
Thank you for my mom. She is the most loving, forgiving, generous and selfless person I know. Shower her with your love, your healing, your joy, your all-surpassing wisdom, knowledge, peace and comfort. I love her so much and cannot be more thankful than having her for a mom, and a Granny to my children.

I commend all things to you.
In Jesus' Name,
Amen






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have put a Warning Alert at the beginning of this blog: READING THIS BLOG MAY CAUSE BLURRING OF VISION DUE TO WATERING OF EYES. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT KLEENEX BE AVAILABLE TO ANYONE ATTEMPTING TO READ THIS BLOG. LOVE, MOM

Anonymous said...

What, mom, you didn't see the fine print??? Either did I! You forgot to mention the snot soaring out the nostrils in addition to the watering eyes. That is a very important step in the no so pretty crying process. Also, the red and blotchy faces, the heaving sobs and hiccups. Not pretty, not pretty at all. Good thing I only have Harvey here to witness this crying jag! Signed, your sister who is now going to have to go throw cold water on her face before she goes anywhere, Kari.