Thursday, June 5, 2014

First Letter

We received a letter from Catherine last Saturday! Really, Michael received a letter, but I enjoyed reading it to Jocelyn anyway.

She is chow runner and has latrine duty! She told her dad that she thought maybe it was pay back for all the times she did not clean the bathroom to her dad's standards! We got a good chuckle out of that! She says the physical part is difficult, but she is confident that she will be fine. She also enjoys the classes she is taking and is learning a lot, but for now is trying to steer clear of the TIs because she does not want to put herself in a position to be yelled at anymore that necessary!

She also says that she misses her daddy more that she can say, she misses his hugs and cannot wait until she can giver her "Chocolate Muffin Pop" a big hug! I cried at that, and am even tearing up writing about it here. It reminds me of how much I miss my parents and how much I cannot wait to hug them!

I still, and will always pray that the Lord will bless and keep her in the protection of His wings!
I LOVE YOU CATHERINE NICOLE JONES!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are not the only one crying. I don't see Catherine that much nor have I had much time to spend with her, but she is a sweet heart and I know the ache in your heart, because I miss you too. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Of course, if one person is crying...it makes me cry too! Thanks a lot Mom & Katie!